Gay therapist near me and online. Finding Friendly Counselors and Psychologists.
Looking for a “Gay Therapist near me” can be an exhausting experience for many people facing gender and sexual dysphoria.
The internet is the largest but can be very unhelpful when one is in search of help. This is often the case for requests like “Gay Counselors near me”, and “Gay psychologist near me” in the LGBTQ community.
Searching for Gay therapist near me? Look no further.
Fortunately, you no longer have to search for a “Gay therapist near me” anymore when you have an online account with pridecounseling.com.
Pride counseling helps in engaging individuals facing psychological issues and low self-esteem born from their conflicting sexualism, gender, or both.
Being part of the BetterHelp program, this service is strictly confidential on your identity, friendly, and brings an end to the long journey of a suitable “Gay therapist near me”.
Sadly, traditional in-person therapy doesn’t do much on keeping your identity secret, and may not be as patient as you would like.
When you register and create an account with price counseling you get access to “Gay friendly therapists and “Gay psychologist near me”.
More valuable than a therapist capable of holding a successful therapy session with you, this therapist must also be friendly.
A gay-friendly therapist near me is difficult to locate in physical in-house therapy sessions as the therapist may have their own unique opinions on gender dysphoria.
Emotional instability, low self-esteem, poor human interactions, depression, and the like are some challenges individuals with differing sexual preferences face without proper counseling. Pridecounseling excels at bringing your search for a “gay counselor near me” – to you.
Our gender and sexual preference identity reflect the sense of who we are answered are against the socially accepted status quo and this can lead to feelings of discontentment and confusion.
These feelings often make themselves known or intensify during puberty. With our bodies, as well as that of our peers experiencing both external and internal changes, not everyone finds themselves on the same train as society’s accepted sexual order.
Therapy sessions with a qualified mental health professional can help to make you at peace with who you are, and what you have, and help you to understand your gender and sexual identity in a way that makes you more comfortable in your skin.
Many in the LGBTQ community may find that talking to a Gay therapist online is a lot easier, less invasive approach to talking about these issues.
Keeping their identities hidden, especially when in an environment where they could face possible stigmatization.
PrideCounseling.com is the best online clinic you can get the right friendly gay therapist for you. Even before creating an account, you are presented with a questionnaire by the system’s algorithm.
This questionnaire is set with crucial questions that should be answered as correctly as possible.
This helps the algorithm to match you with the best available Gay therapist 1 out of 25,000+ therapists in the BetterHelp program.
Match with a Gay Therapist
Start chatting within minutes
Fast and convenient to get started.
Save big time compared to in-person gay therapists.
Affordable. From USD 60 per week (incl. one session).
Dozens of gay therapists available
Largest selection of LGBTQ therapists online. Switch easily.
The algorithm asks a series of questions, some straightforward, others requiring a bit of critical thinking and discovery to answer correctly.
The algorithm selects the best therapist for you based on your response to basic questions like:
- How do you identify?
- What pronouns do you associate with yourself?
- What is your orientation?
- Your Age
- Therapy experience
- Depression status
- Suicidal thoughts
And a few more of this sort.
After the questionnaire, you get to create a free private account with a nickname (keeping your identity hidden).
Getting the best therapist who specializes in gender identity crises may take anywhere from a few hours to a few days.
Nonetheless, Pride counselling doesn’t charge you till you have been successfully paired with a therapist.
Pros and Cons of Pridecounseling therapy with a gay psychologist
- All therapists have at minimum 3 years and 1,000 hours of experience providing therapy.
- Pride Counseling therapists have a range of specialities and credentials.
- You pay less per week than you’d generally pay, for in-person therapy sessions.
- You switch therapists.
- You can connect with your therapist via phone call, video, instant messaging, or live chat.
- Pridecounselling therapists do not write recommendations for gender-affirming surgery or hormone therapy. They may recommend connecting with an in-person therapist to get this done.
- They can’t prescribe medication or give an official mental health diagnosis.
- Therapists typically can’t provide support for more serious mental health conditions, including schizophrenia or bipolar disorder.
- Pride Counseling does not accept insurance, both health and mental health insurance plans.
Some notable Gay friendly therapists on PrideCounselling:
- Joseph Carlton: He is a gay therapist licensed in North Carolina with 6 years of professional work experience. Carlton is knowledgeable in helping clients with stress and anxiety, coping with addictions, gay tendencies, and other sexual-related issues as well as relationship issues.
- Lorena Khlar: Is a licensed marriage and family counselor that specializes in individual couples and families relationships and sexualism.
- Theresa Mago: Theresa is a licensed Mental Health Counselor, with 10 years of experience and almost 6 decades of life lessons. She has experience working closely with all populations, including the military. Before mental healthcare, she was in education and worked with children from ages 3-18. This makes her exceptional in dealing with teens and sexuality.
- Dr. Robert Mcelhose: Having a Ph.D. in clinical psychology in 1973, and a post-docs in gerontology and addictions. Dr. Robert applies humor-sensitive issues, easing the tension. He’s worked in hospitals, and and and and private practice and was once director of a community mental health center in Wyoming.
- Dr. Keith Crownover: Dreith Crownover, Ph.D., is a licensed Professional Counselor who has been working with those beset by addictions, and those suffering from stigma-induced depression from their sexual preferences and sexuality.
The cost of in-person therapy sessions could go anywhere from $100 – $150 per session, depending on the location and time.
Couple this cost with the fact that not all clinics are properly trained in handling gay-related issues, and your identity is known and recorded.
Pride counselling is safe, accessible, flexible, highly confidential, encrypted and relatively far cheaper than in-person therapy.
With a weekly session fee of $60 charged at the end of each month, you enjoy a fully confidential and specialized therapy session in the comfort of your home.
Conclusion – gay counselors near me
Pride Counseling is currently the best online clinic for all members of the LGBTQ community who are facing issues of gender and sexism.
With a state-of-the-art matching algorithm to guide subscribers to the right therapist for them, lower costs per session, full confidentiality on your identity and being among other people facing the same issue as you. BetterHelp pridecounseling.com is a haven to discover yourself.